The Welsh Government have announced financial incentives to help SME’s to take on young apprentices (aged 16-19) to help them grow their business.
To access the programme you must be an SME who is new to apprenticeships or have not recruited an apprentice in the last 30 months
In return you will receive a payment of £3,500 (per learner) for apprentices recruited during the period of August-October and a payment of £2,500 (per learner) for apprentices recruited at all other times of the year. Full payment of the incentive will be made after the apprentice has been employed for 8 months. You can recruit up to a maximum of three apprentices through the Incentive Programme.
For us, this means that if you are a Social Enterprise (SME) you may be eligible for financial support to take on your apprentice to help you grow and develop your business!
At Panda, we are passionate about apprenticeships, and the value taking on an apprentice can add to your business. Our Social Enterprise Apprenticeship will involve monthly mentoring & support visits for your apprentice in the workplace and monthly workshops where the apprentice will learn knowledge and skills to help them, and your grow!
If you would like to talk to us about employing a Social Enterprise Apprentice, please give 4us a call on 02921 679037 or email@example.com
Full information taken from www.ntfw.org
From August 1, the Apprenticeship Employer Incentive Programme will provide support for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) to recruit apprentices aged 16-19, help provide individuals and employers with the skills needed over the long-term and prevent skills shortages.
- The incentive is only available to SMEs that are new to apprenticeships or have not recruited an apprentice in the last 30 months
- Support will be offered to a maximum of three apprentices per employer
- Support will be available irrespective of the level of the apprenticeship
- To offer a payment of £3,500 (per learner) for apprentices recruited during the periods of July-September and a payment of £2,500 (per learner) for apprentices recruited at all other times of the year
- The full payment will be made after the apprentice has been employed for eight months
Employers must take several steps to taking on an apprentice:
- Choose an apprenticeships framework or standard for an apprenticeship in your industry and at a suitable level
- Find an approved training provider for the apprenticeship framework or standard you’ve chosen
- Check what funding is available
- Advertise your apprenticeship – your training organisation can assist with this through the Apprenticeship Matching Service
- Select your apprentice and make an apprenticeship agreement with them
(Incentive provided by Welsh Government and part funded by European Social Fund)